Murray Community Services Inc. commenced in 2015 and took 12 months to build and officially have opened our doors.
Murray Community Services Inc. was conceived by a simple look at the problems in the Riverland Towns which were poverty, drug and alcohol abuse, mental health issues which have mainly stemmed from high unemployment.
There are so many families suffering from social disadvantage and as our services are constantly culled, it becomes very difficult for these families to receive the assistance they need to advance with dignity in our communities.
Our programs have been designed to improve the social, physical, and mental situations our community deals with on a daily basis by offering training in life skills, budgeting, becoming self sufficient, and employment opportunities for at-risk participants of varying age groups and basic unmet needs.
Our programs also give participants the experience of giving back to the community by being in a not for profit, charity organisation which is able to provide suitable day to day tasks for participants to complete, it’s about providing activities that develop real skills while at the same time achieving goals for the organisation. Its win-win.
Our micro businesses are: -
- Café- Coffee & cake light meals children's play area and baby change room.
- Woodworking-Repairing, building an upcycling furniture for resale.
- Garden- Growing and propagating plants for resale, growing fresh vegies for food hampers and resale.
- Op-shop- customer services, basic accounting, administration, on line sales.
- Cleaning service-Cleaning homes, offices, and businesses.
- Gardening service-general gardening, rubbish removal for, business, offices, homes, units, (we also offer a new vegie plot program see gardening tab)